Saturday 3 September 2011

Fallen Leaves

Hello everyone

The good news is there's still time to see 'Still', award-winning artist Philip Braham's solo exhibition, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

You've probably noticed that Autumn arrived pretty sharpish this year!













Indeed, this (dodgy) photo was taken back in August and I was genuinely shocked to see the leaves had already started turning.
I had deliberately been out searching for fallen leaves as I am somewhat fascinated by a certain painting in Philip's exhibition:

















"Fallen Leaves", Oil on Board by Philip Braham.
It's is a small painting...a real treasure... and so effective precisley for it's intimacy.

I enjoy the darkness and mystery, and I think Philip Braham has captured the moment perfectly.

I will 'leave' you with this ;) Have a great weekend all.
http://www.scotsman.com/features/Visual-art-reviews-Heirlooms-.6827400.jp




No comments:

Post a Comment