Friday 2 April 2010

HAPPY BUNNIES

Greetings everyone
just wanted to show you who's all been hopping into Union Gallery of late.













Yes, that is a spotty leg you see, taking far too much interest in my Easter treat, care of marvellous landscape painter Hazel Cashmore as seen below:

















It was lovely to see Hazel Cashmore again. We are in touch quite a bit, but nothing beats a good old face to face chinwag. We enjoyed a fabulous "coffee morning" together, topped off with cheese cake.......we did NOT count the calories. I should say that Hazel felt a little nervous about being snapped infront of her own painting, but she should be incredibly proud of her work! Actually, the whole morning was lovely, not only to spend time with Hazel, but she got the opportunity to meet artists Cathy Campbell and Georgie Young. It was wonderful to have three such brilliant and creative brains under one roof, genuinely enthused to meet each other and see their work. I think it may even have cracked a smile on my scowly face! Hazel and I will be teaming up together for a landscape exhibition later on in the year. I am both thrilled and a tad nervous at the prospect of exhibiting alongside Hazel Cashmore. Will have to sharpen the old paint brushes.
Next Happy Bunny:

















Lovely landscape painter John Carberry popped in to check I was "behaving myself". But of course I always behave myself John! I like this photo-me in my diamond print sweater and John sporting the stripes. We shall be seeing more of John's brilliant landscapes shortly......naturally I will keep you posted.
Next Two Bunnies:













Artist Lisa Petterson brought in little Hugo for a look round the gallery. Little Hugo recently celebrated his 1st birthday (Happy Birthday Hugo!) and like all children who visit the gallery he was so excited by sculptor Barbara Franc's "Little Donkey". As I say all kiddies who visit the gallery always seem attracted to the sculptures and I encourage this wholeheartedly. How rewarding to share all the talent and imaginations of the brilliant artists showing at the gallery with such little brains. Apart from reading books, fresh air and exercise (I know, what a fuddy duddy) what could be more inspiring than visiting an art gallery.....and it's free! Children are always so genuine and really switched on when they visit the gallery, but at only a year old, Hugo was fascinating to watch. Me thinks perhaps he has inherited his mummies creative genes.
Last but by no mean least:













Charming gallery visitors Sara Jane Robinson and Joanna Moor couldn't resist a wee tickle at Barbara Franc's "Palmer"













Happy Easter Everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment