Friday 27 May 2011

Impact

Hello everyone,

A warm welcome to our latest followers. It's nice to have you with us.

I noticed this lovely message left in award-winning artist Janet Melrose's visitors book:
"I don't know if I've ever looked at a painting in a magazine or online and felt the same impact as when seeing it face to face".
The comment is spot on of course, and I believe goes someway to reinforce the importance of galleries as public spaces....for all to experience, share and enjoy.
I have likened Janet's exhibition to a 'stage set' in that it is perfect, intriguing and transports you to another world. The overriding opinion at Union Gallery is that it's to a better world.
Here are some tasters:














and...














I simply can't get enough.

 
Leaving you with some more impact:













"Antonine Hill", oil on canvas by Philip Braham.
Philip Braham is another award-winning artist who has shown all over the world. Philip's solo exhibition, "Still". will open during the Edinburgh Festival in August. Please contact Union Gallery for more details and to ensure an invitation to see something with serious impact.

Speak soon

1 comment: