Thursday 24 June 2010

Busy Blog!

Hello everyone

Well it's been a busy old week here at Union Gallery - don't forget there's still time to come in and view the treasures from the current exhibition "Summer Cocktail". You shouldn't miss out.
Sunday:













Care of my wonderful friend and brilliant writer, Chris Docker, I attended the screening of The Man Who Would Be King. My mission...to press gang Sir Sean Connery into buying an original artwork to mark his 80th birthday....alas, I failed. Happy Birthday anyway Sir Sean.
Monday:














Had a wee look round an exhibition opening at the Craigmillar Community Arts Centre. I was genuinely inpressed and so happy that a community had become so close through a shared interest in art.
Tuesday:














Another talent search, another opening.
Wednesday:














Early morning studio visit to award winning artist Olivia Irvine in preperation for her part in Union Gallery's Festival exhibition (tip...it's going to be AMAZING). I always love coming here:)
Later that morning did a spot of moth watching at the studio of deadly talented Dylan Lisle. He's coming up next in truly spectacular form, but for now here's a little teaser:


















Simply superb. Later that evening I attended a talk by acclaimed artist John C Brown on his latest print for a fundraising drive for the excellent charity Art in Healthcare. Unfortunately I discovered that it was in fact the next night.....back again! I'm sure Art in Healthcare's assistant director Trevor Jones will find this highly ammusing.
Finally - some footage from last weeks Artists party/Union Gallery's first birthday.

Alan McIntosh from our favourite local paper, Spurtle, beside artists Olivia Irvine and Lisa Petterson. Amazing landscape painter Hazel Cashmore is just disapearing off on the right. Maybe I should have cropped the empties.
Lovely 3rd year ECA student Martyn McKenzie on the right. Winning smile!
Stunning artist Laura Homoky sporting a rather fabulous Maxi dress....I want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment